The following terms and conditions govern using Cargopedia, for you, as a User.
By using Cargopedia, you declare and guarantee the fact that you have read, understood and accepted the present terms and conditions. In case you do not agree to the following terms and conditions, you are not allowed to access the site and use the services offered by Cargopedia.
1. TERM DEFINITIONS
CA reffers to European Data Solutions SRL, owner of Cargopedia, a romanian company, Registration Number: 36989931, Trade Office Reg. No.: J40/1052/2017, with its registered office at: 395, Calea Griviței, Bucharest, Romania.
Cargopedia is an online freight exchange, owned by CA, available in many languages at the following web domains: cargopedia.bg, cargopedia.de, cargopedia.net, cargopedia.es, cargopedia.fr, cargopedia.hu, cargopedia.it, cargopedia.pl, cargopedia.pt, cargopedia.ro, cargopedia.ru, tr.cargopedia.net.
The User (or Client) is a person who uses the services of Cargopedia.
3. ACCOUNT SAFETY
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer or device. Also, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This site and all information, digital content and services included or made available to you through this site, are provided by CA on 'as is' and 'as available' basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. CA makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, digital content or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site, unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
CA may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, including the availability of any features of the site, at any time. CA may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of or the entire site without notice or liability.
5. RIGHTS, LIMITATIONS AND USER OBLIGATIONS
5.1 USER RIGHTS
All Cargopedia users have the following rights:
- To freely create an account, by completing the registration form;
- To contact other Cargopedia users using the contact details provided by the site (phone, e-mail etc.), with the limitations specified in the section 5.2;
- To manage (add, edit, delete) their own ads, and to update their user or company profile at any time;
- To report suspicious or fraudulent activity of other Cargopedia users;
- To request to CA information on the use of the platform through the contact information displayed on the site;
- To delete their Cargopedia account. Regarding this aspect, they will make a request using the contact form on the site.
5.2 USER LIMITATIONS
In order to limit abuse and attempted fraud, or for tehnical reasons, there are some limitations the system imposes:
- It is not allowed to create multiple accounts, using the same Company Registration Number;
- It is not allowed to create multiple accounts, using the same e-mail address;
- Physical persons are not allowed to order a subscription (only companies);
- Some features are only accessible after paying a subscription or after company validation.
5.3 USER OBLIGATIONS
The Cargopedia platform can only be used fairly, responsibly, and the sections and functions of the site only for the purposes for which they were created. It is forbidden to:
- Register with false data or companies with which people who have registered on the site have no connection (do not own or do not work for);
- Share login data with foreign people/companies – For security reasons, it is forbidden to provide login data (user and password) to people outside the company (friends, acquaintances etc.). Also, the "grouping" of two different companies/entities on the same Cargopedia account is strictly forbidden.
- Access Cargopedia using bots, scripts, or programs designed to extract information, automatically or semi-automatically;
- Abusively access the Cargopedia database (for example, the Member List) for marketing, call-center etc. reasons is prohibited. Sequential accessing of member profiles or adverts (hundreds, thousands) is strictly prohibited and may result in account suspension, with or without prior notice.
Also, all Cargopedia users have to respect the following:
- To obey the current terms and conditions;
- To offer real identification and contact details;
- Not to publish fake ads or any other false information;
- To be fair in relations with other companies on the platform and to respect the contractual terms and conditions they are committed to;
- To use a proper language in the ads' description body;
- To not engage in spam, hacking or other malicious activities on the site. Any such activity will automatically result in account termination, banned IP, or an eventual court action.
6. CARGOPEDIA (CA) RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
6.1. CARGOPEDIA RIGHTS
CA reserves the right to:
- Suspend or delete the accounts of the users that don't respect the present terms and conditions, without notice;
- Suspend accounts of companies who are in bankruptcy, dissolution, or have their activity temporary suspended (in the case of the latter, access will be restored after resuming of their activity);
- Suspend accounts of companies who refuse to resolve their incidents on Cargopedia (as a guilty party) or who refuse to respond to CA requests in the event of a payment incident or other event of high importance;
- Suspend accounts of companies with unresolved incidents on other similar platforms, companies with serious legal problems, or which CA believes that presents high risk factors that may affect the proper functioning of the site or business relationships with other site users;
- Verify the accuracy of the data published by users. In this regard, CA can always erase false accounts and correct or delete other false, misleading, inappropriate or offensive information without prior notice;
- Select its users; In this regard, CA may refuse or block access to the system to companies it deems inappropriate for the purpose of the site (e.g. competing companies), or about CA believes are undermining the proper functioning of the site by their activity on Cargopedia (e.g. copying load adverts to other competing platforms);
- Take appropriate action (including legal) regarding users which engage in spam, hacking, data theft or other malicious activities that have the potential to affect the good functioning of Cargopedia.
In the case of suspending the account of an active subscription member, CA reserves the right to return or not the full or partial refund of the subscription, depending on the reason for the suspension and the severity of the offenses.
Fair play policy for freight forwarders
In order to maintain a healthy and fair advert platform, CA will try to limit the phenomenon of massive re-publish of load adverts on other competing platforms, when coupled with a poor load publishing activity on Cargopedia.
In this regard, CA imposes to freight forwarders and intermediary companies a conditioning of the number of load adverts accessed in a month, depending on the number of loads published on Cargopedia during the same period. Specifically, for every 50 different loads accessed in a calendar month, at least one load advert must be published, otherwise the additional view of other load adverts will be restricted.
Last but not least, CA reserves the right to - temporarily or permanently - suspend the account of companies that massively repost (copy) load adverts on competing platforms, all the more so if the phenomenon is doubled by a poor load publishing activity on Cargopedia.
6.2. CARGOPEDIA OBLIGATIONS
CA undertakes to maintain the Cargopedia platform online and functional, except unforeseen disruptions, due to internet provider or equipment failure or other events of force majeure, like insolvency or bankruptcy.
CA also undertakes to respect the rights of its users, listed in paragraph 5.1.
7. MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
For an optimal experience and security, we recommend you to use a modern browser when accessing Cargopedia:
- Laptops and desktops: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 9.0 or newer, Microsoft Edge;
- Mobile devices: Android Browser, Chrome, Safari, Opera Mini or other modern browsers.
8. OFFERED SERVICES, PRICES, VALIDITY AND DELIVERY
By purchasing a paid plan, the Client is granted access to some features not available on the Free plan. The paid access period is determined by the type of the plan the Client has purchased (see the Price list below). In the period before the paid access period ends, the Client can opt to extend it by purchasing a new plan subscription. If not, the Client will be automatically switched to the Free plan.
A paid plan will be activated immediately upon successful transaction and the Client shall be notified via e-mail. In case of technical problems users will be granted access not later than 24 hours after successful transaction.
We commit ourselves to deliver a quality service. In case you detect a problem within Cargopedia or your subscription you may exercise the right to fill in a complaint. The complaint should be filled in through our Contact Form.
9. PAYMENT METHODS
Currently accepted payment methods include:
- Direct bank deposits;
- Credit and Debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club;
All payments are made in advance. All credit/debit card payments are serviced by Netopia SRL (www.mobilpay.ro).
Should customers decide to proceed the payment through PayPal they should have already established or establish an account in PayPal website and comply with all legal requirements of PayPal in order to make the payment to Cargopedia.
A successful order, which is considered as a signed agreement between CA and the Client may be reached through Cargopedia in the following manner:
FOR THE PAYMENTS MADE VIA BANK TRANSFER
- Customer creates an account on Cargopedia;
- From the Plans page, the Customer selects a subscription and then chooses the Bank Transfer payment method;
- Customer receives a proforma invoice on email;
- Customer makes the payment;
- After the payment verification, the subscription is activated and the customer receives an e-mail with the final invoice.
FOR THE PAYMENTS MADE VIA CARD OR PAYPAL
- Customer creates an account on Cargopedia;
- From the Plans page, the Customer selects a subscription and then chooses the Card or PayPal payment method;
- Customer makes the payment;
- The subscription is activated and the Customer receives a confirmation e-mail that the payment was successfully made;
- After the payment verification, the customer receives an e-mail with the final invoice.
10. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK POLICIES
You agree to keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
You may not copy, reproduce, create a derivative work, distribute, sell or offer for sale, license, rent or lease any Cargopedia content without the express written permission of CA. Unauthorized use of this website may lead to a claim for damages and/or be considered a criminal offence.
11. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
CA is committed to respecting the intellectual property of others. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable international intellectual property laws. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith/belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice to us is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
12. ADS, REVIEWS, COMMENTS AND OTHER USER CONTENT
Visitors may post ads, ratings, topics or comments, submit suggestions, ideas, questions, or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. CA reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content.
By posting content or submitting material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant CA a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. CA takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
13. UPDATES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CA reserves the right to change and update at any time the content of the terms and conditions without prior notice. Using this site following any changes to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of the revised terms.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Romania - where CA is registered - and the European Union, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Differences arising from these Terms and Conditions will try to be solved amicably. If no consensus is reached, the parties will appeal to the judicial bodies within the CA's radius.
These Terms and Conditions form part of the Agreement between You and CA. Your access on this website indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance of the full Terms and Conditions contained herein.
Last Update: 6 November 2019